Dana F. Cole & Company, LLP, Certified Public Accountants, is located in the heart of the Midwest, with offices in Nebraska, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wyoming. With offices in 23 locations, we are always interested in talking with you if you are pursuing a career in Public Accounting. If you are interested in working in a location other than those specifically listed below, please contact us.
Our O'Neill, NE location is looking for a full time office assistant. This position involves greeting clients, answering phone calls, mail duties, tax processing, word processing and some light bookkeeping. Must have strong customer service skills and proficiency in Word and Excel. Associates degree or experience a plus.
- 2+ years clerical experience in a professional office environment
- Bookkeeping experience a plus
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Very detailed and meticulous
- Reliable and timely
- Accuracy is essential
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow up on tasks
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Our Lincoln office is currently seeking a Payroll Administrator with 3 years recent payroll experience to work in the Lincoln office. This position is responsible for the administration and processing of client's time and attendance and payroll. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related client service, including recordkeeping and payroll tax returns. You will work closely with owners or employees of our clients in order to process payroll, 401K and tax information on a timely basis. This position requires the ability to remain calm under tight time deadlines.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with primary responsibility for time and attendance and payroll administration and processing
- Experience working with time and attendance, and payroll systems
- Experience in filing payroll tax returns
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting best practices and principles
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility
- Knowledge of 401(k), cafeteria plans and flexible benefit plans
- Ability to learn and retain payroll details for multiple companies
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Word and Excel
- Strong work ethic
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Our Lincoln office is looking for a full time bookkeeper to join our accounting team in providing monthly bookkeeping services for our clients. QuickBooks experience is required. Experience in tax return preparation preferred. Our office is located downtown at 1248 O Street, Suite 500.
- 5+ years experience providing bookkeeping services
- Experience in payroll, general ledgers and financial statements
- Experience or certification in QuickBooks.
- Experience with Excel
- Works well with clients
- Ability to multi task
- Desire to work in public accounting firm
- Tax work will be required
We are currently searching for the right individual to add to the team in the following offices:
- Grand Island
We are looking for a licensed CPA with 5 to 10 years recent tax/audit experience. You will participate in audit engagements for non-profit, government and commercial clients. In addition you will work with audit planning, in the field, write financial statements; maintain and cultivate client relationships; develop and monitor audit budgets and complete a variety of other non-attest work. You will meet with tax clients for planning and prepare and/or review returns for individuals, partnerships and S corps. Candidates should have strong analytical, communication and research skills and the ability to interact professionally with clients. The ability to juggle concurrent engagements and demonstrate excellence in client management are a must. Some travel necessary.
- CPA License
- 5- 10 years current experience
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Ability to service multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Verbal and written skills with the emphasis on being able to articulate complex financial information to a variety of clientele
- Strong communication and organizational skills
We are hiring staff accountants in the following offices:
- Ord, NE
- Grand Island, NE
- BS in Accounting or related field, including required education to sit for the CPA exam
- On track for completing the CPA exam
- Desire to work in public accounting
- Ability to learn both tax and audit skills
Special consideration given to applicants that have passed all or part of the CPA exam.
At Dana F. Cole & Company, LLP, we hire and develop individuals who share our goals of client satisfaction and quality work. We look for people who can work well together and support our team efforts towards client satisfaction. In return, we strive to provide our staff with a variety of challenging work and a supportive learning environment in which to grow. We work individually with each person to develop their career and work assignments into what they desire.
We provide a broad range of professional services such as tax, estate and financial planning, accounting and auditing, general accounting, general business and management consulting. Our partners and employees specialize in several industries and technical areas.
Dana F. Cole & Company, LLP, a Certified Public Accounting firm, offers competitive salaries, medical and disability insurance, a 401(k) and section 125 plan. Dana F. Cole & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please send resume & cover letter to:
Dana F. Cole & Company, LLP
1248 O Street, Suite 500
Lincoln, NE 68508